Love and it’s languages

Love language
7/20/19
We all have a love language. A language that we speak and actions that speak how we receive and show love. A way to communicate to others our love to them. I show love by quality time and gifts. I receive love by quality time and acts of service. Not every one will have the same love language as their partner, friends, and family. It is important to know and understand all love languages and what they all mean. They are broken down in a simple 5 forms:

Quality time: Time spent with a person or group of people uninterrupted. Talking, hanging out, and or being in the same space is a way to show/receive this form of love. 

I person like quality time in a one-on-one setting. I get to pour all my love into one person with out the distractions of others around. A way that is uninterrupted by phones, and out side people. I get to be in their vibe and in their space and just be with them. I am one where we don’t even have to talk; I just want to be in your presence. 

Acts of Service: A way to show some one in action you love them. Help them out with a project, or even doing the project with out them knowing or asking. Doing some thing for that person with out asking them to just do it for them. 

My dad is a big one about this. He is always willing to go out of his way to help his fellow man without asking, or hesitation. He randomly will do my laundry or cook my favorite meal randomly. It is his way of showing love to others and he is amazing at it. 

I know what you read makes me sound selfish, but it shouldn’t be viewed that way. He does it out of the kindness of his heart. I never asked or needed his help to do those things, he did them on his own. 

Gifts; Another way to show and receive love. A gift is some that some one made, bought, and our found. A small token of their appreciation to have you in their lives. A random token most of the time or one spontaneously given/receive. 

They way I show love is through gifts. Rather it be something that reminded me of you, or simply something you have talked about non stop. It’s my way of giving you a small token that you are on my mind and heart. 

I recieve this way as well, and hopefully the one giving the gift thinks they way I do as well. 

Physical Touch: An act of a touch. Through a fist bump, hi five, hug, or a slight shove. One small gesture of human physical connection. 

It takes some time for me to develop this in a relationship. I know I know I am going to get clocked for this and here is why. There are just some people in my life that I gave a hug to, or high-fived the first time we met. Those are the people that my self already knew and we install connected. However, some people I am learning they way the communicate and are unsure of how I feel about showing that love language to. 

Words of Affirmation:Words that  inspire, encourage, and build a person character up. Words like “good job”, “you look super nice today”, any thing to up lift ones spirit. 

I am not going to lie, I am not one for words of affirmation. I like to see the work being done and less of the words spoken. It took me a while to even write my version of the definition down. I am not sure but this to me is not some thing I like receive but I am really good at giving. 

Knowing what they are and how to implicate them is one step. You must know how you receive  and give love. This is one way that we can communicate to each other. An understanding of communication and love in the world. We all must work on all 5 in order to achieve an understanding of each other and how to love one another.       

Dipping out friends 

Intro Episode:https://anchor.fm/paul-john35/episodes/Love-LanguagesIntro-e4opk4

Comments

Popular Posts